Established in 1974, Together is a specialist lender, offering short-term finance, auction finance, personal, commercial and buy-to-let mortgages and secured loans.
Long story short…
Previously a digitally immature business, we’ve helped to modernise Together for the digital age. With a newfound understanding of their customer journeys, data to drive evidence-based decisions, and a digital transformation project to build momentum with their Auction Finance offering - with average weekly page views up by 33% - Together are now recognising the value of digital.
Together had never really perceived digital to be of value. They had taken the first steps into the modern digital world a year earlier, but now looked to Sitecore as a solution that could bring them data, and insight into what customers were doing on their website – currently, Together had none. Adding to further confusion, web pages were addressing both B2C and B2B audiences, and the customer journeys and content were largely built around how Together fitted together as a business, rather than addressing customer’s needs.
Demonstrating the value of digital to the board would be critical to the project’s success. The business was understandably reluctant to invest wholeheartedly in digital, as at that point in time, without any available data, no one had ever been able to attribute an ROI to any of their digital activities or spend.
How we simplified them…
In collaboration with Together’s sales and marketing team, Mando were tasked with creating ideas to improve an area of the business that had no digital presence, but leant itself well to a digital sale – Together’s Auction Finance offering.
Alongside Together, we attended live auctions to get a better understanding of the experience sought by their customers, and to see how we could replicate the excitement and nervousness of auctions on their website.
We brought the board into our ideation sessions to spark their engagement in digital, and we concluded with a long-list featuring 98 ideas. We were able to correlate these ideas to a number of different themes, business objectives and customer impact, and categorised them in terms of their complexity to implement and the value they would add to the business and to their customers. A shortlisted set of 30 ideas was created and these were then translated into a now, next, and future digital roadmap.
We built momentum with the ideas that added the most value whilst still being relatively quick and simple to implement, such as the one-click ‘loan-to’ agreement and the auction finance calculator. These would assist in serving prospective customers and improving presales engagement.
We gained further insight through UX research to create personas, user stories and acceptance criteria, and from there, we completed a full site sketching session to find the best solutions for customers. Webpages were redefined and the content revamped to address the needs of Together’s customers – providing relevant information to simplify the auction finance application process.
As the business was reluctant to invest wholeheartedly in digital, unless we could illustrate significant change, the digital roadmap we created was critical to the project’s success. Breaking the project down into smaller phases with a framework for continuous optimisation - identifying particular measures of success, and then building on what’s worked - has helped to achieve continuous buy-in from the board.
We’re now entering phase 2 of the project.
Real business change…
- Together has been able to improve their digital presence and increase their customer reach:
- Average weekly page views to the Auction Finance section have increased by 33%; and
- 6% of all visits to togethermoney.com now start at an Auction Finance page - compared to 3% prior to the rollout
- The website is now serving customer’s needs, and Together are seeing a substantial increase in presales engagement:
- Content and features from Phase 1 are driving the increased engagement - with 66% of page views going to newly created content such as transactional information like product descriptions, persuasive content like case studies and pre-auction “how-to” articles. Prior to launch the lack of content meant the homepage accounted for 28% of all page views - post launch it accounts for just 15%; and
- The auction finance calculator - which is the most interactive element of Phase 1 of this project - is currently the most visited page (after the homepage), accounting for 10% of all traffic
"Been working with Mando for the best part of 6 months and I have found the interactions to be brilliant. The teams are knowledgeable and generous, there is an attitude clearly managed from the very top of the business down, that has been designed to delight client needs. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Mando for more User Experience and Strategy roles."
Richard Hatton, Head of Digital, Together